Because 'Ability Counts'
Leeds United has an unrivalled reputation of caring and assisting the disabled community. Our flagship ‘Ability Counts’ programme provides a life-changing opportunity for disabled people to become actively involved in regular football.
Catering for players at both junior and adult level across the full spectrum of disabilities, we focus on ability rather than disability
Since its inception 10 years ago it is seen as a leading provision for disability football in the UK, delivering high quality tailored activity for all.
- Our players range from ages 4 to 56
- We deliver over 100 sessions every season
- It is one of the largest disability programmes in the whole of the UK
- We partner with the NHS and parent support groups to ensure high suitability and bags of fun!]
- We have worked with over 250,000 players in 10 years
- Received external recognition from the Football League Trust
- A number of players have been selected to attend national trials for MENCAP (Learning Difficulty) England squad.
- The Leeds United Ability Counts teams emerged champions of two divisions
- One players has been awarded regional Player of the Year at the National Awards