- To promote an understanding of the benefits of being healthy
- To educate about how exercise can have a positive impact on a person by using a professional football club as a focus.
- 4 children from Years 3,4,5 and 6 would be asked to be the “experts”, and be trained up by LUFC prior to the Healthy Living Day
- Each class will work to a 1 hour slot:
30 minutes physical activity
30 minutes classroom based activity
- Four interactive games would take place in which children work in small groups to understand key messages
- Physical activity sessions to develop ABC’s – Agility, Balance and Coordination, along with promoting teamwork, self-esteem and confidence.
- The “EATWELL PLATE” – children discuss the benefits of eating a healthy balanced diet and the 5 different food groups.
- Play Your Calories Right – children have to guess how many calories / energy are used during 30 minutes of different activities
- Show Smoking the Red Card – children discuss the dangers of smoking and the effect it has on your body and physical activity
- Sugar Swaps – children have to match the sugars to that of 4 different drinks, then discuss what the effects have on your body
Should this be of interest to your school then please do not hesitate Carla Cantrell for more information or to book on 0113 367 6598. Alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org